Last week I shared an in-depth the trajectory of planetary shifts following the eclipse. This flow is meant to help be a throughline for you to guide your decisions for the opportunities you present yourself socially and in your personal work.
Specifically, I wrote about:
- Saturn’s Station Direct to help set up the foundation of the type of accomplishments your 2018-2020 self demonstrates from that rebirth of self-identity in 2012-2014.
- Venus’ entry to Leo coupled with Juno’s station Direct to help draw and commit to the people that share a commonality.
- End of Mercury Retrograde & Mars in Virgo to put into place all the practicalities needed to setup your 2018-2020 Saturn in Capricorn successes.
Please give it another read and consideration, especially now that the high of the eclipse is mostly over. (News will still trickle down for another week).
In that light, I feel the need to write a little more practically. (Thanks Virgo Sun).
6 Ways How You End Your Trump Time-Sucks
Yesterday I exchanged correspondence with a friend who was feeling ill and initially was convinced it was the eclipse. In fact it was Mercury Retrograde, who’s seriously been overshadowed by the proud Leo eclipse.
This is a typical situation of Virgo, the sign where Mercury is retrograding. Leo is the performer and star of the show, almost in an embarrassing exaggeration at times. And Virgo… gets all the hard work done, stays up late, and no one really knows how to appreciate her because honestly, it’s really bad conversation to get into the nitty-gritty of your own process.
Virgo, though, is extremely practical, flexible, and grounded. She puts the world on her shoulders, one task at a time, one daily routine at a time and often doesn’t complain.
So question: has the incredible discord of the Trump presidency been a daily Time-Suck for you?
It has to stop, and there’s many reasons. Here’s some Mercury Retrograde inspired ones on how to get out of them:
- What you can control is yourself. You can get all bent out of shape about the latest crazy, or recognize your feelings of upset and move on to your life’s real work. In other words, trust and value your own life’s contribution more than giving your energy to the possible failures another person’s life can produce.
- Negative energy feeds negative energy. If you’re not moving through your emotions and finding peace, then who will? You’ll just be the latest in the chain of releasing pent-up frustration that will be felt and carried on by the next.
- Your responsibilities are simpler than you might take on. You’re probably not the one to file impeachment articles, make amends with foreign countries, or fund the programs cut out by the administration. Ask yourself what can you do in your scope of skills and experience? It might just be offering space to do a prayer for peace in the middle of a presentation. Humanize yourself and your needs for comfort and you humanize and empower others.
- Faith. And I’m not talking religion. Just like a family member who’s going through a rough patch can get support but not heal until they make the changes themselves, this is what you have to do. Have faith that you are enough, that what you offer is helpful, that everything happens for a reason and a possible to good to discover from it.
- If you’re being honest, the disappointment and anxiety you feel about these President Trump developments relates back to life circumstances of your own. Step forward and heal those feelings in yourself, and you make the current situation somehow more human.
- Cleaning the closets. Trump did promise to make America great again. Totally unconsciously, and at his own expense, he’s showing all the dark closets and put-off difficult decisions our country (and it’s citizens) have postponed for years. It’s the country’s karma. It’s like pulling everything out of your grandparent’s closet and being shocked and amazed at the same time with the things you find. Get clear on where you stand in your present-day body. Educate yourself. Leave room for others to draw their own conclusions.
Mercury Retrograde re-evaluates your daily routines and habits. Do you really want this in your field all the time?
It could be Trump, it could be another pest.
Call it out and take responsibility for only what is truly yours. Don’t be a bad Virgo and over-commit beyond your limits!
Day Guides: August 22 – 28, 2017
Read these guides as a whole to get a sense of flow for the week. Then dive into them daily.
Tuesday: Sun enters Virgo this evening and feels closer to Moon with whom he just had that eclipse. Whatever epiphanies might have eclipsed you, the practical “how do I make something with it” can be channeled out today. Mars and Saturn trine encouraging you to do the “righteous” thing in a disciplined and structured fashion over time. Inside you feel together even if the outside is not. Mars will help you just push through the energetic garbage (and there’s a lot because of Mercury Retrograde being activated by Sun-Moon). Let yourself feel that fighting spirit a bit, especially if no harm is done by doing it.
Wednesday: Pack up work early today. Virgo Moon goes Void of Course at 4:02pm EDT and will be there until 9:05pm EDT. Men and bosses are cranky today anyway. Great time for self-care and the fun of being in the world by yourself. In other words, take yourself on a nice little date! Nothing fancy, just in the pleasure of being.
Thursday: Venus and Uranus square during a Libra Moon, putting pressure on your relationships to acquaintances, communities, and groups. If they any of these aren’t aligned, let the schism happen. Maybe you initiate it. What’s important is that your values match the environments you put yourself in. Your inner vision of your trajectory is now cooked (Saturn station Direct tomorrow). Be disciplined to your inner knowing to do what is necessary, with respect to others in their own paths and evolutions.
Friday: If there are mentors, bosses, or people of influence you want on your side, it’s a good moment to get their attention. Libra Moon is on a roll and helps you say the right things to the right people.
Also, Saturn shifts to Direct (meaning forward) Motion this morning, starting the last chapter of his in total 3-year Sagittarius journey. How you situate your inner world turns outward. Use your faith in yourself and your unseen support to explore the foreign environments and ideas that soon enough will become your own and the support to the accomplishments 2018-2020 set up for you to realize.
Saturday: Scorpio Moon makes positive aspects today, so expect a productive and mentally satiating one. Juno’s station to Direct Motion in the afternoon, helps start a year+ long time of solidifying relationships. Make you alliances smartly – Juno will hold whatever your common ground is as sacred at any cost (no loose interpretations allowed or it will end ugly). Venus adds dimension, entering Leo as the clock passed midnight (EDT) last night. For the next 3.5 weeks on a day-to-day level, your own values are expressed with an open heart to what’s honorable a just. The desire also to protect those closest to you is emphasized with Venus in Leo and Juno’s station Direct.
Finally, your work on Tuesday to help sketch out a plan for your eclipse epiphanies takes on Mercury’s help today with the Sun’s conjunction to him. You might need to close some responsibilities in order to stand more in your own identity and light. Expect however this story manifests to repeat when Mercury and Sun meet again October 8th.
Sunday: Come clean on your secrets. If there’s a dark closet in your life, and it hasn’t been exposed for you, today’s a good day to come clean. Jupiter & Saturn sextile, helping you face and transcend your karmic knots. Scorpio Moon makes positive aspects to some outer planets to help you rise up to what’s best in the long run over what you’ve buried but still haunts you.
Monday: Aggressions are high. Channel it out as healthy competition or tackle difficult projects that need some extra umph to triumph against it. People can be testy today, and it’s difficult to speak the same language. This is all thanks to a long void moon in the morning in Scorpio that carries the energy of squaring Mars. It’s relieved some when Moon enters Sagittarius at 3:48pm EDT, but some challenging aspects continue.
Photo: “Wormhole.” Flickr, Steve Moses (License)