Little things can set off a chain reaction that blows things out of proportion this week. The tolerance for sitting in uncomfortable and messy is low.
The Moon’s sensitivities impulsively bring up evidence Mercury just found. This news can cause anger, outrage, and generally immature behavior that is almost irresistible thanks to the Mars-Sun combustion.
While good for news and entertainment, it’s less ideal for your personal life.
Know the influences & players to your discord:
- The Moon can’t help but brings up s***, and it is vulnerable in Virgo and Libra this month because of the placement of its rulers Mercury and Venus respectively. (see below)
- Mercury in Virgo, beginning Tuesday evening, can help you spin more plates successfully, but it also gets you in the weeds quickly. The mind and body are more communicative in this placement and will “act up” if you need to pay attention. Same with those who support or work for you. Be good to the hand that feeds you!
- Venus at the last degrees of Gemini, now with a tone of that Mercury in Virgo. Venus can get scattered and hard to please at these degrees. Patience is thin. Laundry lists of complaints are possible. (Yikes)!
- The combustion between Mars and Sun, which now is a month long effect, aggravates and enhances however you are relating to your principles of action, motivation, courage, and sexuality.
All this can easily equate to mental obsessions with how things ought to be, how things are wrong, and be compounding the upsets over time.
Temper the controlling, repeating thoughts in different ways.
This Week’s Day Guides suggest a day to go out with a friend, another day to set up a positive environment, and another to check-in with what makes you feel more secure.
What will yours be?
This Week’s Astrological Highlights
- Mercury enters Virgo and his shadow period before his August 12 – September 5th Retrograde through Virgo. The stories that come up during the shadow period are the ones that will be reviewed, revised, and redone (a.k.a. The Land of Re’s) during the actual retrograde. Pay attention to signs about your health, your daily routines & responsibilities, and those supporting or working for you (the Virgo archetypes).
- Uranus is slow in the sky, preparing to retrograde August 3rd at 1:31am EDT. It can be hard to mobilize people for your cause as the focus to illuminate the self starts to come into focus.
Me time is sacred for Retrograde Uranus. Me time controls impulsiveness and creating monstrous things from an unbalanced state-of-mind. More on that next week. For now, keep your brilliant ideas in a safe place to revisit later with a reminder to go back to them.
- Venus enters Cancer Monday morning at 10:54am EDT. This last week in Gemini, especially coupled with Moon, can make you antsy about wanting it all. The challenge to focus and receive is yours to balance. Make a point to re-discover what brings you joy and comfort. You’ll need that reference as she enters the sensitive sign of Cancer, where she’ll want escape options, which just are difficult during an eclipse season.
- 1 more month of Saturn Retrograde in Sagittarius for 27 years. At the end of the eclipses, Saturn and Juno station direct while Mercury continues to clean up the residual aftermath, retrograde in detail-oriented and sensitive Virgo.
This is your friendly reminder that we’re still in a learning period of envisioning what we ought to be doing, how we see our lives and legacy unfolding over the upcoming decades. (See the beginning of Saturn Retrograde here).
The eclipses, especially if you have sensitive degrees (See Last Week for Guidelines), will give you a boost in the right direction.
Then Saturn and Juno will start working to connect the dots. Juno will make the right contacts and achievements to partner with as Saturn builds the arsenal of knowledge and structure on how to get there.
Day Guides: July 25 – 31, 2017
Read these all together for a context of the week’s flow. Then go back and get more specific, day-by-day.
Tuesday – Get into the details, the between the cracks, “under the rug” parts of your life, its projects, and the people supporting them around you. (It’s a Virgo Moon, Mercury enters Virgo, quiet aspects day). Mercury officially begins his shadow period to his retrograde today. That means the stories that will get undone and revisited will start to pop up now. So maybe you find the dirt today, and you can’t do something about it until the Mercury Retrograde (August 12 – September 5th). Knowledge is power, even if you can’t do something about it now.
Wednesday – Watch for hot tempers and getting upset over seemingly useless details today. As discussed in Last Week’s Considerations, the Sun-Mars conjunction combustion that perfects today heightens the condition of your Mars (aka your action, motivation, courage or the opposite for lack of Mars). Virgo Moon, coupled with Mercury’s transit there, makes you more particular than usual. Your mind can become obsessive. With Virgo, you must find outlets to express your feelings, otherwise, it just ends up as an upset digestive system and holding patterns. Whatever today’s themes, they will play out over the next month during the upcoming eclipses and Mercury Retrograde. Commit to the process and value the time things take.
Thursday – Tense morning as Virgo Moon is void, with her last aspect square to Venus. Some things just can’t be fixed. Other things take more time to be fixed. All this while your mind races with the oughtta and should haves. If you can, work the frustration and repeat patterns out through exercise. It’s easier to shake off once Moon enters Libra at 11:37am EDT. Plan a meeting around this time with a friend or loved one, they’ll help bring things back on track and get you into a productive flow for the rest of the day.
Friday – Libra Moon. Good flow for the day. Keep people around you, reminders of the things you love, and something naturey. When you have beauty around you, it’s easier to stay balanced and enjoy the teeter-totter of tasks and responsibilities. The more you keep your positive environmental influences, the better chance your focuses will be more resonant and uplifting. Thanks Libra Moon, conjoined Jupiter.
Saturday – Libra Moon, Void Moon around dinner 5:30-8:23pm EDT, then Scorpio Moon. Keep the beauty, flow, and sociability of yesterday. When moon is void 5:30pm-8:23pm EDT, keep things quiet and just bask in the goodness you made for yourself this week. If you can, get to bed early so your dreams can be more easily remembered. As described in tomorrow’s Day Guides, you might get some insight into how the next month’s eclipses might unfold (especially if the eclipses are hitting sensitive points of your chart).
Sunday – Venus and Uranus perfect a sextile in the early morning, awakening parts of your mind hidden in the dark. Reflect on your dreams for symbolism and metaphor and see what you may learn from them. Their aspect is at 2nd August eclipse’s degrees and gives a friendly nudge about the shifts the cosmos may want you to see. The Scorpio Moon also puts you in the mood for understanding your psyche, developing strategy, and creating changes.
Monday – A day for introspection, planning, reorganizing and preparing for your August astrological makeover. Yes, I understand you have a life and have important things to do. However, Moon is void ALL DAY; it enters Sagittarius TOMORROW. It’s said things done during void moons have a hard time seeing the light. That’s why these more mundane, internal things are always suggested as Moon Void activities by us astrologer folk. The universe understands that we all need a pause once and while. This is yours. Take advantage – August is going to be full of emotional charges. Oh, and Venus enters Cancer during all this, making you want to hold what’s dear close. Make your “security blankets” and comforts accessible for this coming month. Everyone needs positive ones.